Voluntary Agricultural Districts: The Conservation Agreement Requirement Explained

— Written By

Questions from landowners and county farmland preservation boards often emerge about the requirement of a conservation agreement for enrollment in a county Voluntary Agricultural District (VAD) (or Enhanced Voluntary Agricultural District [EVAD]). Such questions include language to use, whether agreements must be recorded, how to revoke an agreement, the irrevocable nature of an EVAD conservation agreement, etc.

The above questions and more are addressed in The VAD/EVAD Conservation Agreement Explained.

Written By

Robert Branan, N.C. Cooperative ExtensionRobert BrananExtension Assistant Professor (Agricultural and Environmental Law) Call Robert Email Robert Agricultural & Resource Economics
NC State Extension, NC State University
Updated on May 12, 2021
Was the information on this page helpful? Yes check No close
Scannable QR Code to Access Electronic Version